Explore Cairo Tours Visitings: Wadi El-Natrun, the origination for Christian devotion. Visit the 4 enduring religious communities that existed There, Deir al-Baramus Monastery, and find out about the Fathers of Christian asceticism.
- Pick up services from hotel & return
- Bottled water during your trip
- All transfers by a private air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees to the mentioned historical place
- Private English-speaking guide
- Lunch meal at a local restaurant
- All taxes & service charge
- Any extras not mentioned in the program
Drive by a modern air-conditioned vehicle to Wadi El-Natrun, the actual birthplace for Christian monasticism. Basically, there were about 50 monasteries, only 4 have survived into modern times. Begin your trip with Deir al-Baramus which is the oldest of the surviving 4 monasteries, and in many ways, the most isolated then proceeds to Deir Anba Bishoi whose body is still in the monastery. End your trip visiting Deir El-Suryani which is the smallest and most compact of the 4 monasteries. Lunch will be served in a local restaurant.